Back To Top
Your Position: Home
Anker Astro Mini 3000mAh External Battery
Support Contact Information
United States: 1-800-988-7973 Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00 (PST)
Japan: 03-4455-7823 Mon-Fri 9:00-17:00
Germany: 069/95797960 Mon-Fri 6:00-11:00
China: 400-0550-036 Mon-Fri 9:00-17:30
Anker Astro Mini 3000mAh External Battery
80g / 2.8oz
89 x 23 x 23mm / 3.5 x 0.9 x 0.9in
- Q1. Can I use USB cables other than those provided with my Anker external battery?
- Q2. Does it work with the new iPhone 5s, 5c?
- Yes. But the Apple connector is not included. Please use your device's original cable.
- Q3. Anker external batteries' efficiency.
- ALL external batteries lose power due to voltage conversion and circuit resistance.
Approximately 20% of Astro 2nd Generation external battery’s total capacity is consumed, including power lost from circuit heat and voltage conversion within the external battery (approximately 6%) and the charging cable and your device (approximately 14%). This efficiency rate is 15% higher than the industry average of 35%.
Older Astro batteries have lose approximately 30%.
According to industrial standards, all external batteries are labeled based on their raw cells capacity not efficiency. Like others, we are following this standard.
- Q4. How long will the battery lasts while not in use?
- Generally, most of our external batteries' static power consumption is lower than 100uA, which will take between 3.5 and 20 years to drain the battery completely.
However, the chemicals within the li-ion battery will gradually become less active over prolonged periods without use. Most will die in 2 years of inactivity.
To extend your battery's life:
1. Charge and recharge it at least once every 3-4 months.
2. Do not over-charge or over-discharge it. It is best to keep it charged between 5%-95%.
- Q5. Can Anker external batteries be used for international travel?
- Yes. Be sure the USB adapter you bring with is compatible with the voltage of the country you will be traveling to. An adapter's voltage input is usually printed on the adapter.
- Q6. Can external batteries be taken on board airplanes?
- Yes, all Anker external batteries can legally and safely be taken on board airplanes. Here are the relevant requirements:
Quoted from Federal transportation security rules (Effective January 1, 2008):
Lithium ion batteries (a.k.a.: rechargeable lithium, lithium polymer, LIPO, secondary lithium).
-Passengers may carry consumer-sized lithium ion batteries [no more than 8 grams of equivalent lithium content or 100 watt hours (wh) per battery]. This size covers AA, AAA, 9-volt, cell phone, PDA, camera, camcorder, Gameboy, and standard laptop computer batteries.
-Passengers can also bring two (2) larger lithium ion batteries (more than 8 grams, up to 25 grams of equivalent lithium content per battery) in their carry-on. This size covers larger extended-life laptop batteries. Most consumer lithium ion batteries are below this size.
Anker's largest external battery is currently the Anker Pro 20000mAh (74 wh) which is lower than the above 100 wh limit.
- Q7. What can I do if I lose the provided accessories?
- Please check to see if you have extras or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Q8. Anker external batteries' compatibility
- Anker external batteries are compatible with Android and Apple smartphones and tablets except Asus devices ( Apple connectors are not included, please use your devices original cable).
- Q9. Can it be charged and charge other devices at the same time?
- Yes, this battery can simultaneously charge and discharge. However, constant pass-through charging may affect the battery’s lifespan.
- Q10. Do you need to press the power button to begin charging other devices?
- Q11. How long does it take to fully charge this Anker external battery?
- 3-4 hours with a 1A output charger.
- Q12. What do the LEDs indicate when the external battery is charging itself or other devices?
- The green LED indicator will flash when the Astro Mini is charging other devices. When it is recharging itself, a constant red LED indicator will light up and will turn off automatically once the Astro Mini is fully charged.
- Q13. Why can’t I charge my Bluetooth device with the Astro Mini?
- The Astro Mini will not charge devices with input currents lower than 30mA, including some Bluetooth and GPS devices.
- Q14. What if the Astro Mini fails to recharge?
- a. Check that the adapter is connected securely, or replace it if the current one is not functioning normally.
b. Check that the USB cable is connected securely, or replace it if the current one is not functioning normally.
c. Please email us at email@example.com duiring your 18-month warranty period if the provided acessories or the external battery have problems.
- Q15. What if the Astro Mini fails to charge my devices?
- Refer to the tips listed under Question 6, and check that the Astro mini’s voltage is compatible with your electronic device's required charging voltage. Please make sure to press the power button. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org duiring your 18-month warranty period if the provided acessories or the external battery have problems.
Return or Exchange
Thank you for visiting our after-sales self-service web page. Here, we hope that you will be able to resolve whatever problems you are experiencing. We're very sorry for whatever inconvenience your purchase may have caused you.
Please kindly be advised that all of our Anker products have a full 18-month warranty. If your product does not meet your needs within this period, feel free to contact us by submitting a feedback form below in order to let us know what we can do to help you.
Moreover, as a reminder, if you are having trouble using one of our products, you can always refer to the FAQ or Instruction Manuals section on our website, where you may be able to resolve the issue yourself.
Thank you in advance for all of the information you are providing.
Submit your email address here to subscribe the latest information regularly about our promotion activities and new products.
Thanks for taking the time to visit our site. If you have general questions and suggestions, we’d love to hear from you through the form below.
For more specific inquiries relating to customer service, wholesale, or media requests, feel free to visit our contact us page.